Been meaning to write and kept putting it off and/or forgetting to due to life. Had a much-needed talk with the ex, earned a promotion at work, maintained a consistent workout pattern, started a garden, and said no to numerous pizza temptations.
I’ve been regularly eating healthy since march and exercising the past 1.5 months, almost always in the form of running.
I was encouraged to start writing about my emotions as a means to facilitate my emotional expression regarding loss and grief. I’ve never kept a journal nor really taken the time to really think about how I feel about certain things, and I think this is going to be beneficial exercise.
Starting to do the above was actually the motivator to moving my site to a new host, which was quite a bit of fun and will save me about 120 a year on hosting fees, so a plus on multiple levels.
I’m going to tag posts related to this subject with ‘therapy’ so they’re easily searchable (or avoidable).
Decided to stop paying so much for a shared hosting solution and do something a little funner and harder. So .. welcome to the new host! Glad I did it because I got exposed to security hardening, dns configuration, ssl certificates, and other hosting-related things.
Next goal is to set up a simple mail server to replace the functionality from the previous host. That isn’t really up yet, but it will be as soon as I figure that out.
That’s pretty much it for now.
Quick List of Chess Strategies:
* Avoid Moving a Chess Piece Twice During the Opening is a good chess strategy.
* It is Better Chess Strategy to Develop the Knights before Their Respective Bishops.
* A good chess strategy is to Develop Both Knights before the Queen or Bishop.
* A good chess strategy is Do Not Develop your Chess Pieces Exclusively on One Side.
* A good chess strategy is as a Rule Do Not Play a Piece beyond Your Own Side of the Board in the Opening.
* A good chess strategy is if You Have Castled Do Not Permit the Opponent to Open a File on Your King.
* A good chess strategy is to Avoid Pinning the Opponent’s King’s Knight before He has Castled, Especially When You Have Yourself Castled on the Kingside.
* A good chess strategy is to Avoid Making Exchanges which Develop Another Piece for the Opponent.
* A good chess strategy is to Avoid Exchanging Bishops for Knights Early in the Game.
* A good chess strategy is to Avoid Premature Attacks.
I was promoted today from Sergeant (E-5) to Staff Sergeant (E-6). I want to say that I’ve worked really hard to earn this, however the more I think about it, the more I realize that I don’t do anything out of the ordinary [for me].
So wait .. let me get this straight, because I’ve never taken a course with a lab element to it.
I get to come into class for 3 hours a day and do fucking awesome science experiments for the next few months?
Holy hell, why didn’t anybody ever tell this to me? I’d have been doing classes with labs this whole time.
I wrote too soon. I judged myself and my actions far too quickly without looking at the larger picture.
Essentially, my reality was obfuscated by the delusions of another, and I believed so much in their world, that I lost touch with my own world.
After finding out the depths of the lies and deceit, I felt sad only because I fell for the trap. This sadness, luckily, was short lived, and when I was able to process all of the information, I realized that this person was quickly burying themselves in the web of deception.
Feels good, the clarity.
Just finished up upgrading my car’s audio equipment and environment. This post is about installation of custom-built tweeter pods. I drive a 2006 Ford Focus ZX4, which sadly did not come equipped with tweeter pods.
I’ve been having difficulty with Algebraic Matrices for a couple days now; the textbook and video methods I’ve looked at didn’t help me at all until I found this youtube video: